Vango Tailgate Hub Drive-Away Awning - Low 2022
Lightweight rear awning with simple cross fibreglass poles pitching and throw-over straps attachment
The Vango Tailgate Hub Drive-Away Awning is Vango’s first rear attachment poled awning. The Tailgate Hub Low is a lightweight, quick pitch awning with two PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles and easy throw-over straps connection allowing plenty of space for the tailgate of VW Transporter size vans to open.
This awning has a removable clip-in groundsheet and all sides/tunnel doors can be opened up during hot weather to create a gazebo type feel to enjoy any breeze. The crossed pole design gives a large living area with a shaped frame to provide maximum head height throughout and the large windows to maximise light.
The connection tunnel is an extra-large design to allow a tailgate to open fully and provides plenty of space for additional storage/utility area. The tunnel also has the usual connections sewn-in to allow connection to an awning/roof rail at the side of a van.
Manufactured using lightweight Sentinel Active fabric, this versatile awning is ideal for touring.
- Two Doors in Connection Tunnel - Convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle.
- Tunnel Adjustment Strap - Helps gather any excess material to create a neater looking tunnel and a tighter fit to the vehicle.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Detach your awning when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel and toggle it to secure.
- Clip-in Waterproof Groundsheet - can be removed depending on pitch type or preference.
- Easy Access Doors - A flat entry access door creates easy access for wheelchairs, prams and people with reduced mobility.
- Optional Groundsheet Protector Available - Protects groundsheet from rough and muddy ground allowing easier pitching, packing and storage.
- Supplied with Steel Pegs - Strong and durable pegs ideal for grass pitches. Supplied with a handy carry bag
- Mesh Front Door - Fitted with internal mesh fly screen for bug-free ventilation
- Lantern Hanging Points - Conveniently positioned to attach lights.
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment.
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use.
- Easy Pack Carry Bag - Oversized carry bag to make it easier to pack the awning away.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles - Creates a strong, yet light and reliable structure
- AirSpeed® Valve System and Easy Access Positioning - Designed by Vango to inflate an AirBeam frame with even less effort
- Sentinel Active Fabric - When pack size and weight are the key influencers in choosing an awning, this high-performance fabric is strong, waterproof and lightweight with a compact pack size.
- Includes steel pegs & carry bag with compression straps
- Optional Carpet Available - Add all the comforts of home with an awning carpet.
Awning Size: Low
Roof Connection Height: 180cm to 210cm
Dimensions: 250cm x 250cm + 140cm (connection tunnel)
Height: 215cm in the centre
Pack size: 75cm x 26cm Ø
Weight: 11 kg
Weight (without accessories): 5.6kg
Frame Type: 2 x PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles
Flysheet: Sentinel Active®
Kador Length: 200cm
Pitching time: 8mins
- Adjustable Tunnel webbing strap system to connect to Tailgate of VW Transporters or similar sized camper vans.
- Also has 6mm kador strip, roof bar attachment tabs, sleeve for pole & clamp drive-away kit sewn-in to connection tunnel for connection to the side of a vehicle.