The Vango Tailgate Hub Drive-Away Awning is new for 2021 and Vango’s first rear attachment poled awning. The Tailgate Hub Low is a lightweight, quick pitch awning with two PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles and easy throw-over straps connection allowing plenty of space for the tailgate of VW Transporter size vans to open.
This awning has a removable clip-in groundsheet and all sides/tunnel doors can be opened up during hot weather to create a gazebo type feel to enjoy any breeze. The crossed pole design gives a large living area with a shaped frame to provide maximum head height throughout and the large windows to maximise light.
The connection tunnel is an extra-large design to allow a tailgate to open fully and provides plenty of space for additional storage/utility area. The tunnel also has the usual connections sewn-in to allow connection to an awning/roof rail at the side of a van.
Manufactured using lightweight Sentinel Active fabric, this versatile awning is ideal for touring.
- Two Doors in Connection Tunnel - Convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle.
- Tunnel Adjustment Strap - Helps gather any excess material to create a neater looking tunnel and a tighter fit to the vehicle.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Detach your awning when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel and toggle it to secure.
- Clip-in Waterproof Groundsheet - can be removed depending on pitch type or preference.
- Easy Access Doors - A flat entry access door creates easy access for wheelchairs, prams and people with reduced mobility.
- Optional Groundsheet Protector Available - Protects groundsheet from rough and muddy ground allowing easier pitching, packing and storage.
- Supplied with Steel Pegs - Strong and durable pegs ideal for grass pitches. Supplied with a handy carry bag
- Mesh Front Door - Fitted with internal mesh fly screen for bug-free ventilation
- Lantern Hanging Points - Conveniently positioned to attach lights.
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment.
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use.
- Easy Pack Carry Bag - Oversized carry bag to make it easier to pack the awning away.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles - Creates a strong, yet light and reliable structure
- AirSpeed® Valve System and Easy Access Positioning - Designed by Vango to inflate an AirBeam frame with even less effort
- Sentinel Active Fabric - When pack size and weight are the key influencers in choosing an awning, this high-performance fabric is strong, waterproof and lightweight with a compact pack size.
- Includes steel pegs & carry bag with compression straps
- Optional Carpet Available - Add all the comforts of home with an awning carpet.
- Adjustable Tunnel webbing strap system to connect to Tailgate of VW Transporters or similar sized camper vans.
- Also has 6mm kador strip, roof bar attachment tabs, sleeve for pole & clamp drive-away kit sewn-in to connection tunnel for connection to the side of a vehicle.
Awning Size: Low
Roof Connection Height: 180cm to 210cm
Dimensions: 250cm x 250cm + 140cm (connection tunnel)
Height: 215cm in the centre
Pack size: 75cm x 26cm Ø
Weight: 11 kg
Weight (without accessories): 5.6kg
Frame Type: 2 x PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles
Flysheet: Sentinel Active®
Kador Length: 200cm
Pitching time: 8mins
*Please note: This awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or long-term seasonal pitching as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. UV degradation is not covered under the warranty. However, under normal holiday use your awning will give long service