The Vango Tailgate AirHub Drive-Away Awning is new for 2021 and Vango’s first rear attachment air awning. The Tailgate AirHub Low is a quick pitch awning with a single inflation point and easy throwover straps connection designed for VW Transporter size vans – ideal for touring.
This awning has a removable clip-in groundsheet and all sides/tunnel doors can be opened up during hot weather to create a gazebo type feel to enjoy any breeze. The crossed air beam design has a large living area with a shaped frame to provide maximum head height throughout and the large windows to maximise light.
The connection tunnel is an extra-large design to allow a tailgate to open fully and provides plenty of space for additional storage/utility area. The tunnel also has the usual connections sewn-in to allow connection to an awning/roof rail at the side of a van.
Manufactured using lightweight Sentinel Active fabric, this versatile awning is ideal for a road trip.
- Two Doors in Connection Tunnel - Convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle.
- Tunnel Adjustment Strap - Helps gather any excess material to create a neater looking tunnel and a tighter fit to the vehicle.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Detach your awning when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel and toggle it to secure.
- Clip-in Waterproof Groundsheet - can be removed depending on pitch type or preference.
- Easy Access Doors - A flat entry access door creates easy access for wheelchairs, prams and people with reduced mobility.
- Optional Groundsheet Protector Available - Protects groundsheet from rough and muddy ground allowing easier pitching, packing and storage.
- AirBeam® Pump Included - Double action pump with a pressure dial and handy carry bag for rapid inflation.
- Supplied with Steel Pegs - Strong and durable pegs ideal for grass pitches. Supplied with a handy carry bag
- Mesh Front Door - Fitted with internal mesh fly screen for bug-free ventilation
- Lantern Hanging Points - Conveniently positioned to attach lights.
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment.
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use.
- Easy Pack Carry Bag - Oversized carry bag to make it easier to pack the awning away.
- Pre-angled Beams - Offer greater internal space than with a standard curve and provides better bracing against winds.
- AirSpeed® Valve System and Easy Access Positioning - Designed by Vango to inflate an AirBeam frame with even less effort
- Sentinel Active Fabric - When pack size and weight are the key influencers in choosing an awning, this high-performance fabric is strong, waterproof and lightweight with a compact pack size.
- Includes steel pegs, carry bag with compression straps and a double action pump with carry bag.
- Optional Carpet Available - Add all the comforts of home with an awning carpet.
- Adjustable Tunnel webbing strap system to connect to Tailgate of VW Transporters or similar sized camper vans.
- Also has 6mm kador strip, roof bar attachment tabs, sleeve for pole & clamp drive-away kit sewn-in to connection tunnel for connection to the side of a vehicle.
Awning Size: Low
Roof Connection Height: 180cm to 210cm
Dimensions: 250cm x 250cm + 140cm (connection tunnel)
Height: 215cm in the centre
Pack size: 75cm x 33cm Ø
Weight (without accessories): 6.1kg
Frame Type: 2 x Inflatable Cross Air Beams
Flysheet: Sentinel Active®
Kador Length: 200cm
Pitching time: 8mins
*Please note: This awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or long-term seasonal pitching as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. UV degradation is not covered under the warranty. However, under normal holiday use your awning will give long service