New for 2021, the Vango Galli III Drive-Away Awning is the largest awning in Vango’s poled range, and the low connection height is ideal for VW campervans. The Galli III is manufactured from Sentinel Active fabric and designed for touring, so it’s about half the weight of the best-selling Galli Air with a much smaller pack size – great for road trips in a Vdub.
The Galli III is a forward-facing awning, so it pitches with the front porch facing out the same way as your van on vehicles with a sliding door on the left-hand side.
This large lightweight awning has the same layout as it’s inflatable brother with the option of one or two double bedrooms sleeping up to 4 adults wile keeping a decent living area and sheltered outdoor space.
The awning frame uses Vango’s tried and tested AirBeam technology and combined with their patented ‘Tension Band System’ is one of the most durable and stable on the market, especially in windy conditions.
- PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles for a strong and reliable structure.
- Sentinel Active Fabric – fire retardant, UPF 30+ strong and fully waterproof.
- Designed for touring – lightweight and compact pack size.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - detach your awning when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel and toggle it to secure.
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - groundsheet is attached to the flysheet to provide a bug and draught free environment.
- Pre-angled Poles - provide better internal space with more headroom than with a standard curve.
- TBS®II Tension Band System - ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds.
- Line-Lok guyline runners - lock securely and are simple to release.
- High Visibility Guylines - high visibility to prevent tripping hazards.
- Diamond Clear Windows - maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment.
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - simple and quick to use.
- Two Doors in Connection Tunnel - allow convenient access to the front or back of your van.
- Ventilation System – low and high-level vents increase air flow and significantly reduce condensation.
- Mesh Front Door - internal mesh fly screen for bug-free ventilation.
- Lantern Hanging Points - conveniently positioned to attach lights with ease.
- Steel Pegs Included - strong and durable pegs ideal for grass pitches.
- Supplied with storage/carry bag.
- Throw-over Webbing Straps (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- 6mm to 6mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection to vans with a C-channel awning rail, Reimo multi-rail or Thule, Dometic wind-out awning fitted.
- 6mm to 4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to vans with a Fiamma wind-out awning fitted.
- Twin 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or any make of wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Awning Size: Low
Roof Rail Height: 180cm to 210cm
Kador Length: 240cm
Pack Size: 75cm x 31cm Ø
Frame Type: 4 x fibreglass poles
Fabric: Sentinel Pro - 420 Double Ripstop 6,000mm HH
Groundsheet: Fully Sewn-In
Pitching Time: 12mins
This awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or long-term seasonal pitching as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. UV degradation is not covered under the warranty. However, under normal holiday use your awning will give long service.