The Vango AirBeam Galli III AIR Drive-Away Awning is Vango’s largest drive away awning offering internal space for either one or two 2-berth bedrooms with a decent amount of living area. This large awning has an integrated front porch which provides a sheltered seating area in wet weather and allows the main door to be left open. The awning connection tunnel also provides usable space for a cool box, portaloo etc.
The Galli III AIR is a forward-facing awning, so pitches with the porch facing out the same way as the front of the van (for vehicles with the side door on the left-hand side) and has a low connection height ideal for VW campervans. For vans with the sliding door on the right-hand like the VW California – please see the Galli III AIR RSV model.
The Galli III AIR is manufactured from Vango’s double-ripstop Sentinel Pro fabric which is extremely waterproof and durable with ColourLok™ technology to reduce UV Fading. This awning is packed with features including SkyTrack II® accessory attachment system and Line-Lok® Guyline Runners for easy pitching and extra comfort.
The Galli III uses pre-shaped SuperBeams™ which maximise living space and stability with a sheltered porch area and room for up-to two double sleeping compartments – whilst still fitting nicely on a standard size Camping Club site pitch.
The awning frame uses Vango’s tried and tested AirBeam technology and combined with their patented ‘Tension Band System’ is one of the most durable and stable on the market, especially in windy conditions.
- Inflatable AirBeam® Structure - With 10 years’ experience in AirBeam® technology, Vango are the leaders in pole free pitching and allow your awning to pitch within a matter of minutes.
- Sentinel Pro Fabric - Designed for dedicated campervan owners and featuring 420 double ripstop threads for superior strength and long-lasting durability. The added PU technical coatings and ColourLok™ technology.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Detach your awning when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel and toggle it to secure
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - Groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide a bug and draught free environment
- AirSpeed® Valve System - Designed by Vango to inflate your AirBeam®s with even less effort
- Pre-angled Beams - Achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against winds
- SuperBeams™ - Larger diameter beams providing additional structure and stability to the awning
- TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds.
- Line-Lok guyline runners - lock securely and are simple to release
- High Visibility Guylines - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds
- Reflective Webbing - Picks up torchlight so the pegging points are easily spotted in low light conditions
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment
- Zipped Privacy Curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening or simply roll down and secure away
- Two Doors in Tunnel Attachment to Vehicle - For convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle
- Ventilation System - Vents to increase air flow and significantly reduce condensation
- Cable Entry Point - Neatly feed electrical cables into your awning allowing you to easily keep your camping appliances powered
- Adjustable Pegging Points - Allows awning to be pitched perfectly on uneven surfaces
- Easy Access Doors - A flat entry access door creates easy access for wheelchairs, prams and people with reduced mobility
- Weather tested to the European standard EN5912 by certified test centre
- SkyTrack II® flexible hanging system which allows you to easily attach lighting, storage or the new SkyLiner ceiling curtain
- Skylight Windows - Windows which run along the roof line of the awning to enhance light during the day and for star gazing at night
- AirBeam® Pump Included - Double action pump that will rapidly inflate your Awning and comes complete with a pressure dial and handy carry bag
- Steel Rock Pegs Included - Pegs are strong, durable and can be used on more challenging terrain.
- Easypack Carry Bag - Oversized carry bag to make it easier to pack the awning away
- Fully Wind & Rain Tested - Tested with wind and heavy rainfall to the European standard EN5912
All awnings in the AirAway range includes steel rock pegs, double action pump, a pack of 10 Skyhooks and an Easypack carry bag.
- Throw-over Webbing Straps (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- 6mm to 6mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection to vans with a C-channel awning rail, Reimo multi-rail or Thule, Dometic wind-out awning fitted.
- 6mm to 4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to vans with a Fiamma wind-out awning fitted.
- Twin 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or any make of wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Awning Size: Low
Roof Rail Height: 180cm to 210cm
Kador Length: 250cm
Pack Size: 78cm x 39cm x 44cm
Weight (without accessories): 23.15kg
Frame Type: AirBeam Inflatable Tubes
Fabric: Sentinel Pro - 420 Double Ripstop 6,000mm HH
Groundsheet: Fully Sewn-In
Bedroom Compatibility: Yes - connection tabs for one or two optional 2-berth inner tents
Pitching Time: 15mins
Colour: Cloud Grey/Black