The Vango Faros II Drive-Away Awning has two shaped fibreglass poles to offer excellent head room and the low connection height is perfect for VW camper vans. The Faros features Vango’s new lightweight Sentinel Active fabric which ensures a light, compact pack size that’s easy to store under the seat of a Vdub - great for road trips.
This lightweight awning offers great living space and, if required, can accommodate a free-standing bedroom (not supplied). The main entrance door can either be unzipped and rolled up or with the addition of king poles (not supplied) used as a sun porch.
- Updated: Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide a bug and draught free environment.
- Updated: Red highlight trim and colour change from Cloud Grey to Smoke.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles - Creates a strong, yet light and reliable structure
- Linked-in Groundsheet - Easy to clean groundsheet that can be attached or detached from the living area
- Sentinel Active - When pack size and weight are the key influencers in choosing your awning. This strong, fully waterproof fabric ensures great performance coupled with compact pack sizes
- Vango Patented TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the beam or pole at 3 points and prevent sideways movement.
- High Visibility Guylines - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds
- Adjustable Pegging System - Allows awning to be pitched perfectly on uneven surfaces
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use
- Flat Entry Groundsheet - Easily dropped to ground level allowing effortless entering without needing to step over the entrance
- Two Doors in Tunnel - For convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Quick and easy when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel
- King pole doors - Integrated eyelets allow optional king poles to prop open doors, creating a canopy
- Mesh Front Door - Fitted with internal mesh panel for bug-free ventilation
- AirZone Ventilation - High and low level ventilation panels combine to create a comfortable flow of air throughout the awning, which is essential for reducing condensation
- Wide Mouth Bag with Compression Straps - Allows your awning to be packed away and carried to and from the campsite easily
- Throw-over Webbing Straps (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- 6mm to 6mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection to vans with a C-channel awning rail, Reimo multi-rail or Thule, Dometic wind-out awning fitted.
- 6mm to 4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to vans with a Fiamma wind-out awning fitted.
- Twin 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or any make of wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Awning Size: Low
Connection Height: 180cm to 210cm
Packsize: 75cm x 26cm Ø
Kador Length: 260cm
Fabric Weight: 4.8kg
Frame: 2 x pre-angled fibreglass poles
Pitching Time: 8 mins