Updated for 2021 the Vango AirBeam Cove II Drive-Away Awning is a front facing awning with a large integrated porch. The Cove II Awning now includes a fully sewn in groundsheet and optional clip-in inner bedroom making this a great awning for living, sleeping or storage.
Featuring Vango’s Sentinel Active fabric with an updated red trim the Cove II packs down smaller and weighs less making it ideal for Touring in a VW or any other compact camper van. The pre-shaped AirBeams ensure a strong and rigid structure which is quick and easy to pitch with the integrated front porch allowing the main door to remain open in a wet weather and offers a sheltered space to sit outside.
- Updated: Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide a bug and draught free environment.
- Updated: Fits a clip-in Double Bedroom – attachment points to fit the BR001 AirBeam inner bedroom.
- Updated: Red highlight trim and colour change from Cloud Grey to Smoke.
- Inflatable AirBeam® Structure - With 10 years’ experience in AirBeam® technology, Vango are the leaders in pole free pitching and allow your awning to pitch within a matter of minutes allowing you more time to enjoy your holiday.
- Sentinel Active Fabric - strong, whilst being fully waterproof, ensuring great quality and performance coupled with a compact pack size.
- AirSpeed® Valve System and easy access positioning - Designed by Vango to inflate your AirBeam®s with even less effort.
- Pre-angled Beams - Achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against winds.
- Vango Patented TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds.
- High Visibility Guylines - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds.
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment.
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use.
- Covered Entry - Gives a sheltered entrance into your awning, which prevents rain from dripping into the living area.
- Flat Entry Groundsheet - Easily dropped to ground level allowing effortless entering without needing to step over the entrance.
- Two Doors in Tunnel - For convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle.
- Tunnel Adjustment Strap - Helps collect any excess material and creates a neater looking tunnel and a tighter fit to the vehicle.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Quick and easy when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel.
- Mesh Front Door - Fitted with internal mesh fly screen for bug-free ventilation
- AirZone Ventilation - High and low level ventilation panels combine to create a comfortable flow of air throughout the awning, which is essential for reducing condensation.
- Easypack Carry Bag - Oversized carry bag to make it easier to pack the awning away.
- AirBeam® Pump Included - Double action pump that will rapidly inflate your AirBeam® Awning which comes complete with a pressure dial and handy carry bag.
- Multiple Attachment Methods - Pre-attached 6mm Kador, over vehicle straps, roof bar attachment tabs and sleeve for pole & clamp.
Experience AirBeam® Awnings includes steel pegs, double action pump and an oversized carry bag.
- Throw-over Webbing Straps (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- 6mm to 6mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection to vans with a C-channel awning rail, Reimo multi-rail or Thule, Dometic wind-out awning fitted.
- 6mm to 4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to vans with a Fiamma wind-out awning fitted.
- Twin 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or any make of wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Awning Size: Low
Roof Rail Connection Height: 180cm to 210cm
Kador Length: 260cm
Pack size: 75cm x 37cm Ø
Weight (without accessories): 7.2kg
Frame Type: 3 x AirBeam Inflatable Tubes
Flysheet: Sentinel Active
Pitching time: 10mins
This awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or long-term seasonal pitching as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. UV degradation is not covered under the warranty. However, under normal holiday use your awning will give long service.