The Vango Bondi Awning is a single poled quick-pitch awning with a very small pack size that can be easily stored anywhere in a VW Camper. Although the Bondi isn’t a drive-away awning, it weighs in at just 7kg, so is very easy to handle and quick to pitch. Combined with the compact pack size, the Bondi is the ideal choice if your like to travel light and/or space is an issue in your Bus.
The front entrance door can be opened fully and with the two rear doors open, the Bondi becomes more of a sun canopy allowing plenty of airflow. The clip-in groundsheet can be removed if required to complete that open sun canopy feel in hot weather.
The Bondi awning features Vango’s Sentinel Active fabric, offering a combination of strength and light weight to ensure the awning is compact, waterproof and durable.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Pole - Creates a strong, yet light and reliable structure
- Ideal for use as an awning, open sun canopy or storage area for bikes
- Pre-angled pole - Achieves greater internal space than with a standard curve and provides effective bracing against side winds
- Single pole - Simple and quick to pitch, which also ensures a light weight and compact pack size
- Linked-in Groundsheet - Easy to clean groundsheet that can be attached or detached from the living area
- Sentinel Active Fabric - Strong, fully waterproof, ensuring great quality and performance coupled with compact pack sizes
- Vango Patented TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds
- High Visibility Guylines - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds
- Adjustable Pegging System - Allows awning to be pitched perfectly on uneven surfaces
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use
- Flat Entry Groundsheet - Easily dropped to ground level allowing effortless entering without needing to step over the entrance
- Multi-Flex Door - Door can be zipped fully closed, halfway open, or fully open
- High Level Ventilation - Helps to circulate air within the awning and reduces condensation
- Wide Mouth Bag with Compression Straps - Allows your awning to be packed away and carried to and from the campsite easily
- Supplied with throw-over connection straps, steel pegs and carry bag with compression straps
- Throw-over Webbing Straps – Simple connection for vans without a roof gutter rail or an awning rail and can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Sewn-in Velcro Roof Bar Tabs – 3 x Velcro tabs connect directly to vans with roof bars or roof racks fitted. Can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- Sewn-in 6mm Kador Connector – slides directly into a C-channel awning rail or Reimo multi-rail.
- Sewn-in Pole Sleeve – can be used with a Pole & Clamp Connection Kit (not supplied) to connect to vans with a roof gutter rail or the upper part of a multi-rail - VW California multi-rail with rubber insert.
Awning Size: Low
Connection Height: 180cm to 210cm
Packsize: 75cm x 24cm Ø
Kador Length: 258cm
Fabric Weight: 3.6kg
Frame: 1 x pre-angled fibreglass pole
Pitching Time: 7mins
Please note: This is a non-drive-away awning, so is unable to be left free-standing without a vehicle.