The Vango AirBeam Rhone Drive-Away Awning Low is Vango's ultimate polycotton, family sized awning for VW Transporters. The Rhone is based on the best-selling Galli air beam awning design and manufactured from Vango's New Sentinel Signature breathable Poly-cotton fabric which will keep the interior at a comfortable temperature during fluctuating outdoor temperatures.
This high quality fabric has a lovely canvas feel to it and combined with Vango’s AirZone ventilation system will also reduce the chance of condensation forming.
As with the Galli, the side connection tunnel of the Rhone means it sits alongside and faces out the same way as the front of your Bus (for left-hand sliding doors). This high-quality awning can accommodate 1 or 2 double inner tents to sleep up to 4 adults and a fully sewn-in groundsheet provides a bug and draught free environment.
Full mesh doors in the two entrances provide good ventilation in hot weather whilst keeping bugs out.
- Vango AirBeam® - Quick to pitch and creates a strong and rigid structure
- Side Attachment - Awning attaches to your van with a side attachment to ensure you are always facing the view wherever you go
- Oxford Polyester Groundsheet - The perfect balance between low weight and high durability
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - Groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide a bug and draught free environment
- Sentinel Signature - Combines the leading properties of both cotton and polyester to create a rich polycotton fabric to ensure breathability and an easy to maintain nature. Sentinel Signature is a high-quality fabric that is luxurious to the touch but robust and durable enough for any holiday.
- Great for Continental Use - Breathable fabric helps to regulate temperature inside your awning
- SuperBeams™ - Larger diameter beams providing additional structure and stability to the awning
- AirSpeed® Valve System and easy access positioning - Designed by Vango to inflate your AirBeam®s with even less effort
- Pre-angled Beams - Achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against winds
- Vango Patented TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the beam or pole at 3 points and prevent sideways movement.
- SkyTrack II® System - A flexible hanging system which allows you to easily attach lighting, storage or SkyLiners
- High Visibility Guylines with Tidies - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds, with touch fasteners tidies to roll up the guylines when not in use
- Adjustable Pegging System - Allows awning to be pitched perfectly on uneven surfaces
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment
- Skylight windows - Windows which run along the roof line of the awning to enhance light during the day and for star gazing at night
- Zipped Privacy Curtains - Simple and quick to use, allowing varying levels of opening. Fitted to the flysheet with no gaps that simply rolls down into a pocket
- Covered Entry - Gives a sheltered entrance into your awning, which prevents rain from dripping into the living area
- Two Doors in Tunnel - For convenient access to the front or back of your vehicle
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - Quick and easy when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel
- Flat Side Entry Groundsheet - Allows entering the awning effortless
- 2 Mesh Doors - Front and side doors fitted with internal mesh panel for bug free ventilation
- AirZone Ventilation - High and low level ventilation panels combine to create a comfortable flow of air throughout the awning, which is essential for reducing condensation
- Oversized Bag - The wide opening makes it simpler to pack away your awning. This design also includes robust compression straps allowing you to reduce the overall pack size
- Supplied with Double Action Pump - Rapidly inflate your awning (comes complete with a pressure dial)
- Supplied with Steel Rock Pegs and Mallet - Strong, durable and can be used on more challenging terrain
- Multiple Attachment Methods - Pre-attached 6mm kador, over vehicle straps, roof bar attachment tabs and sleeve for pole & clamp
- Storm Straps - Additional stability for your awning in strong winds. Simply clip onto the pre-attached buckles and peg into the ground to secure
- Cable entry point with tidies - Zipped entry point for power cable, with touch fastener tidies
- AirAway® Vehicle Awnings included with - Pre-attached 6mm kador strip, over vehicle webbing straps, roof bar attachment tabs, sleeve for pole & clamp, steel rock pegs & mallet with carry bag, easy pack carry bag and double action pump with carry bag
- Throw-over Webbing Straps (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- 6mm to 6mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection to vans with a C-channel awning rail, Reimo multi-rail or Thule, Dometic wind-out awning fitted.
- 6mm to 4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to vans with a Fiamma wind-out awning fitted.
- Twin 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or any make of wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Awning Size: Low
Roof Rail Height: 180cm to 210cm
Pack Size: 78cm x 45cm x 49cm
Total Weight: 35.6kg
Weight (without accessories): 30.1kg
Frame Type: AirBeam Inflatable Tubes
Flysheet: Sentinel Signature Polycotton Fabric
Groundsheet: 300 Denier Polyester
Pitching Time: 15mins
We'll beat any price on Vango AirBeam drive-away awnings - email firstname.lastname@example.org