The Vango Agora AIR VW Drive-Away Awning is the latest addition to Vango’s touring range and uses their lightweight yet strong Sentinel Sport Fabric to provide a good size awning with a small pack size. The lower connection height is specifically designed for VW Transporters and similar sized vans. The pre-angled beams provide good headroom throughout the living area and the single inflation point combined with Vango's tried and tested AirBeam technology offers simple, fast pitching.
In hot weather, the doors can be opened up on each side and rolled back to create a gazebo type shelter allowing any cooling breeze to pass through. There are flat entry thresholds on the doors making the Agora a great choice for a communal area without the normal trip hazards. This awning is just as functional as an added storage space for bikes and surfboards or as a guest sleeping area with the optional clip-in double bedroom.
For a faster pack-down and to protect the main groundsheet, Vango recommend using a footprint (primary groundsheet) with all their awnings. A double bedroom compartment and carpet are also available as additional extras for this awning.
- Single Point Inflation - quick and easy inflation through one valve.
- Sentinel Sport Fabric - strong durable and waterproof with ColourLok technology to reduce the effects of UV.
- Pre-angled Beams - offer greater internal space with good headroom and provide effective bracing against the wind.
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - Groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide a bug and draught free environment.
- Mesh Front Door & Windows - fitted internal mesh fly screens for bug-free ventilation.
- AirSpeed® Valve - simple system with easy access positioning to inflate the AirBeams® with even less effort.
- High Visibility Guylines - high visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds.
- Line-Lok Guyline Runners - lock securely, simple to release and high performance even in wet conditions.
- Diamond Clear Windows - maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment.
- Zipped Privacy Curtains - simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening or simply roll down and secure away.
- Flat Entry Groundsheet - easily dropped to ground level allowing effortless entering without needing to step over the door entrance.
- Two Doors in Connection Tunnel - convenient access to the front or back of a van.
- Roll Away Connecting Tunnel - quick and easy when you drive away for the day, simply roll back the tunnel.
- Fully Taped Seams - all flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped to provide a watertight seal.
- Optional Bedroom Inner - optional double bedroom available to purchase separately.
- Included - double action pump and steel rock pegs with carry bag.
- Easypack Carry Bag - oversized carry bag made from 15% more material with 50% more volume.
- Tunnel Adjustment Strap - helps collect any excess material and creates a neater looking tunnel and a tighter fit to a van.
- Fire retardant fabrics - Meets European EN5912 safety standard
- Fully wind and rain tested - Weather tested to the European standard EN5912 by certified test centre
- Throw-over Webbing Straps (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- 6mm to 6mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection to vans with a C-channel awning rail, Reimo multi-rail or Thule, Dometic wind-out awning fitted.
- 6mm to 4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to vans with a Fiamma wind-out awning fitted.
- Twin 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or any make of wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Connection Height: 180cm to 195cm
Dimensions: 280cm x 280cm + 80cm connection tunnel
Pack Size: 65cm x 37cm x 36cm
Weight without Accessories: 13.25kg
Fabric: Vango Sentinel Sport 105g/m2 Fabric
Frame: Inflatable cross beams with single inflation point
Colour: Moroccan Blue
Please note: This awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or long-term seasonal pitching as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. UV degradation is not covered under the warranty. However, under normal holiday use your awning will give long service.