The Snugpak Softie Expansion 3 Sleeping Bag follows on from the previous Chrysalis 3 bag with a 3-4 season rating, a comfort temperature of -5°C whilst weighing just 1500g. The Expansion sleeping bag range gets its name from the unique Elasticated Expander Panel (EEP) system which allows the user to regulate the internal temperature of the bag depending on the climate or for additional space for the user.
The Expansion sleeping bags have a removable LED light attached in a pouch at the top of the hood – ideal for reading with a steady light or as a signal with the flashing SOS mode. With an adjustable length using the clip system this sleeping bag is also ideal for shorter individuals who want to optimise heat retention in colder climates.
The Expansion 3 bag retains the tried and tested Softie® Original insulation – a synthetic filling which mimics the properties of down – but this will now be encased in a technical outer fabric, Paratex Micro. Tough, lightweight, highly windproof and water-repellent, it is exceptionally hard wearing and heavy duty, yet remains soft to the touch which makes it ideal for creating a comfortable and durable sleeping bag.
Choosing the right sleeping bag for unpredictable weather is never straightforward but a guaranteed right answer has got one step closer with the latest Expansion range.
- Softie® Original insulation filling
- Elasticated Expander Panel for increasing the bags width
- Reflectatherm barrier to retain heat
- Paratex Light inner & Paratex Micro outer fabrics
- Chisel shaped foot for comfort
- Thermal suede snug foot lining for additional warmth
- Snugfit Hood to reduce drafts
- Anti-snag zip
- Adjustable length at base
- Integrated LED hood torch
- Compression stuff sac included
Comfort Temperature: -5°C
Low Temperature: -10°C
Adjusted Length: 175cm
Chest Width: 80cm to 92.5cm with expansion
Knee Width: 60cm
Pack Size: 26cmx 22cm (compressed)