This versatile Sun/Rain Canopy can be attached over the front AirBeam of a Vango Kela or Idris Drive-Away Awning in 6mins to provide 8 square metres of shade and shelter. This waterproof canopy will deflect rain water away from the main door of the awning allowing it to be left open and chairs to be left out under cover.
The canopy will also slide directly into a C-profile type rail on a VW T4, T5 or T6 and can be connected to a VW T2 Bay or T25 via a Pole & Clamp Drive-Away Kit. This adaptable canopy can even be used as a freestanding shelter.
The canopy comes with 3 x extra guylines and pegs as standard but to attach the canopy to the front beam of a Kela or Idris you’ll require 3 x additional guylines which we’ve included in this listing.
To connect to a Kela, Idris or similar hooped awning
1. Tie a guyline to the rear middle eyelet and then tie a second guyline to the end to extend the length over the roof of the van so it can be pegged on the opposite side and adjusted.
2. Tie 2 x guylines to each rear corner guyline tab.
3. Position the canopy over the front awning beam and peg down the guyline at the rear, then the guylines at each side as per photos.
4. Make up the poles and peg down the front middle one first followed by each corner pole.
Due to the curve of the front AirBeam, this canopy can be used with 3 x poles across the front and still disperse rain water effectively. In stronger winds the two corner poles can be removed and the guylines adjusted to suit the conditions.
- Easy 6 minute set-up
- Shelter from sun and rain
- Silver finish height adjustable poles
- Lightweight and compact pack size
- Large 8 square metre design with 150 denier fire retardant fabric
- Waterproof to 3,000HH with fully taped seams
- Pre-attached reflective guylines with Line-Loc runners
- Heavy-duty rock pegs with luminous heads
- Supplied in compact zipped carry bag
- Registered Design No. 4042275
Length (rear edge): 240cm
Length (front edge): 290cm
Pack size: 72cm x 12cm Ø
Fabric: 150 denier fire retardant polyester
Height Adjustable Poles: 183cm to 230cm
Pitching time: 6mins
Colours: Anthracite Grey, Brilliant Orange, Chianti Red, Azure Blue, Forest Green or Sierra Yellow
Includes: Canopy with 5 x pre-attached guylines, 3 x sprung-sectioned galvanised steel poles, 8 x steel rock pegs, 3 x vehicle edge guylines and zipped bag with carry handles and sewn-in instructions + 6 x additional guylines