The Outdoor Revolution Cayman F/G Drive-Away Awning is one of the most popular medium size, fibreglass awnings on the market. The Cayman offers plenty of adaptable living space which can be extended with an optional zip-on bedroom compartment.
In hot weather, the roll back doors can be opened up on all sides to create a gazebo type shelter and the groundsheet can also be detached if required – ideal for weekend camping and road trips in a VW campervan!
This unique design offers access from all sides of the awning through the large roll back doors and the front eyebrow porch allows the main door to stay open and sheltered in wet weather. New for 2021 is the option to zip a Bedroom Annex to the back of the awning, creating instant sleeping space for two without compromising on the living area.
The Cayman Air awning is specifically designed with a low connection height to fit VW Transporters and other compact camper vans. The groundsheet is fixed in place using Velcro pads making it easy to remove should you wish, but combined with the perimeter draft seal system, fixes in snugly and feels like a fully sewn-in feature.
Produced from premium ultra-lightweight 120HDE fabric, this awning offers a good adaptable living/storage area with plenty of light and toggle-in curtains for privacy at night.
- 120HDE high density all-weather lightweight fabric
- 3,000mm Hydrostatic Head
- Zip back front and side door with Phoenix mesh ventilation panel
- Lightweight yet strong fibreglass pole system
- Zip out rear door to take an optional Cayman sleeping annexe
- Integral, vehicle front facing eyebrow porch with fibreglass pole
- Crystal clear PVC window panels
- Toggle-in curtains for privacy
- Connection tabs for optional inner bedroom
- Velcro-in PE groundsheet
- Front and rear connection tunnel doors
- Connection tunnel tension straps and bungee for an adjustable vehicle fit
- Lumi-Link and Up/Downlighter attachment points
- Multiple ventilation points
- Twin 6mm/4mm Kador for direct connection to wind-out canopy or awning rails
- Supplied with pegs, pre-attached reflective guylines and carry bag
- Throw-over Guylines (included) – Simple connection for vans without an awning rail fitted - can be positioned around the front and rear of an elevating roof.
- Velcro Roof Bar Tabs (included) – Simple connection to vans with roof bars or a roof rack fitted - can be used in combination with Throw-over straps.
- Twin 6mm to 6mm/4mm Drive-Away Kit (optional extra) – Secure connection directly into a VW California awning rail, C-channel awning rail or wind-out awning
- Pole and Clamp Connection Kit (optional extra) - Secure connection to early vans with a roof gutter.
For more van specific advice on awning connections visit our Awning Connections – FAQ’s page
Depth to Van: 300cm + 80cm connection tunnel
Connection Height Range: 180cm to 220cm
Kador width: 260cm
Pack Size: 82cm x 47cm x 35cm
Frame: Fibreglass crossbeams and porch pole
Cayman F/G Awning Video